Saturday, September 8, 2018

Renewing Your Cannabis Prescription

If you have read though some of my articles you would know that I've had a Cannabis prescription for a few years now. The last time I had to renew my prescription was not fun. The problem I was having is the government clinic that I originally got my prescription from, would not renew my prescription as they did not have a doctor for several months. I am sure this type of situation does not happen in a large city, however it happened where I live. Although I could not officially find the reason why there are no doctors the government clinic informed me : "the Saskatchewan government is currently making it very hard for doctors to help people renew Cannabis prescriptions. It is not legal to talk to a doctor over Internet to renew a prescription." Even though this situation is not my fault, they refused to submit my medical documentation to the Cannabis producer. I explained to the clinic that my medical information (documentation) belongs to me and that they have no right to refuse to either send the documentation to me or the Cannabis producer. My Cannabis prescription was about to expire and I had to find a way around this problem.

There are clinics in Saskatchewan that will renew your prescription. The one clinic I did call, the fee is $150 just to tell a doctor that nothing has changed and that Cannabis is working well for me. The fact that a doctor charges a fee to renew a Cannabis prescription goes against my belief that it should be free to start with. Sure doctors get paid to fill out forms all the time. If you get injured at work, the doctor has to fill out WCB forms. It is Health Canada that pays the doctor's fee, not you.  

The medical marijuana program in Canada has been around for a long time, which begs the question why hasn't this been resolved years ago? Or at least why does this situation even happen? Our Canadian constitution does not exclude Cannabis as a medicine, nor does it say that I have to pay for the right to use it as a medicine. So the question is why should a doctor charge a fee to renew a Cannabis prescription, when they do not charge a patient fee for other prescriptions? The answer is simply money. Health Canada will not pay the doctor's fee, you have to.

Here is what I did, and I hope people pick up on this, regardless if they have a Cannabis 
prescription after legalization October 17th 2018. The Cannabis producer I deal with is Tweed in Smith Falls Ontario. I used the Partners Program through Tweed. This allows me to cam with a doctor to renew my prescription. I sent my own copies of my medical documents to Tweed and setup an appointment. We used Medeo (same idea as Skype) so that I did not have to drive hundreds of kms just to see a doctor. The odd thing here is the government clinic that I dealt with originally is less than an hours drive from me, yet I was able to contact a doctor thousands of kms away to get the job done. I wish I could do this for visits with my family doctor. I prefer the Medeo approach because it saves time, money and the doctor took more time talking with me than a face to face visit. I also like the fact that the doctor was on time, no waiting forever because the doctor is backed up with patients. 

By the time Cannabis is legal here in Canada, all of this will not matter. I prefer buying my Cannabis from a medical producer because I know what I am smoking. It is interesting that I had to go though all this when i have had my prescription for a few years now. It was worth it in the end.

5 comments:

  1. The best full spectrum cbd oil mixes consistently with the hemp seed oil to make a mouth-watering natural taste that runs extraordinarily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But what I like even more - is to consume CBD oil, every single day.

    It makes me less nervous, and helps me to get rid of a depression.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, every single day I visit that HOMEPAGE, where I find all the CBD hemp oil I'm looking for. And the supporters of that website are great people. They know a lot about CBD and how it affects of human body. That's why I prefer that website and don't want to visit any other website. CBD oil much better than marijuana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Logan keep in mind THC is very useful as well. When you purchase your CBD oil make sure it has some THC in it. You can think about this in a different way. When you smoke recreational Cannabis that's high in THC, there has to be some CBD in it. No CBD means a bad time. In general all the Cannabinoids have to be present in the product for it to work properly. High CBD oil has to have at least a low amount of THC and recreational Cannabis has to have a least a small amount of CBD. A one to one ratio is the best medicinal product. Even if the CBD is close to the THC % you won't get high and you get the benefit of both.

      Delete